Bill & Becky Wilson of Midwest Permaculture are coming to SE Wisconsin to offer Wisconsin's first Training 4 Transition course!
What is Training for Transition (T4T)?
T4T is designed to give a detailed introduction to the most important skills necessary to successfully set up, develop, and run a Transition project in your locality. It is designed for people who are already in a group working to achieve this, or are thinking of creating such a group. The full curriculum for the T4T can be found here: http://transitionus .org/initiatives /T4T-curriculum.
According to TransitionUS. org, at the end of the course participants will:
* Have a clear understanding of the context for Transition Initiatives, the current global situation and the transformational possibilities that arise from climate change, peak oil and the economic crisis.
* Know what the Transition model is – including an in-depth look at the 12 steps, from inspiration, setting up the initiating group, all the way to having active and effective working groups.
* Have experienced a joint visioning process.
* Understand how to organize effective meetings such as public talks, open space days, and small theme working groups.
* Understand the purpose and principles of an Energy Descent Action Plan.
* Have the outline of an effective and inspiring talk on the Transition movement.
* Have formed useful contacts with other Transition Initiatives and individuals interested in the Transition model.
* Have a plan of action for themselves and their locality.
To learn more about the Wilsons' approach to Transition, visit their website: http://www.midwestp ermaculture. com/TransitionIl linois.php. Note that they offer free "webinars" on Transition from time to time. See http://www.midwestp ermaculture. com/TI-Webinars. php for more info.
What you can do now:
1. Save the date!
2. Start strategizing with your local Transition contacts. Who can you approach to sponsor members to attend? How can you fundraise to make the training more affordable?
3. Check out the links above to learn more about T4T and the instructors.
3. Feel free to contact me to share what you hope to get from T4T.
Cost is dependent on our ability to find sponsors. At this point, without further sponsorship, it will cost $125-$150/person.
Nicole Bickham is on the T4T Planning Team, and you can contact her with questions at email@example.com